I’d like to share this video that tells a compelling story about how it’s impossible to text and drive at the same time.
“Plenty of people will crash, I’m telling you,” says one student as he begins the test. He’s right. Current statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s site on distracted driving show that each day in the United States, more than 9 people are killed and more than 1,153 people are injured in crashes that are reported to involve a distracted driver. Every day.
After the test, each of the drivers says, “I can’t do it.” They’re right. It is actually impossible for the brain to do two different tasks that involve thinking at the same time. And yet, 31% of U.S. drivers ages 18-64 reported that they had read or sent text messages or email messages while driving at least once within the 30 days before they were surveyed, according to the CDC.
Please watch this video, and share it with your friends and family.
For more information, visit these links:
About Bill Coats Law:
Our core values are empathy and grit.
Empathy – caring, listening and understanding
- We do our best to always listen to, care for and understand our clients.
- Our goal is to provide outstanding service.
- We limit the number of cases we take so that we can provided high quality service.
Grit – persistence and determination
- We are persistent and determined.
- We do all in our power to achieve excellent results for every one of our clients.
If we can help you at all, don’t hesitate to reach out.