About Bill Coats Law
Attorneys and Staff
Our Core Values Are Empathy and Grit
Empathy – caring, listening and understanding
- We do our best to always listen to, care for and understand our clients.
- Our goal is to provide outstanding service.
- We limit the number of cases we take so that we can provide high quality service.
Grit – persistence and determination
- We are persistent and determined.
- We do all in our power to achieve excellent results for every one of our clients.
We also try our best to be honest, helpful, positive and humble.
- Founding Partner, Bill Coats Law (2014 – Present)
- Partner, Brett Murphy Coats Knapp McCandlis & Brown (2010 – 2014)
- Partner, Brett & Coats Personal Injury Attorneys (2006 – 2010)
- Attorney, Brett & Daugert (2003 – 2006)
- Assistant Attorney General, Washington State Attorney General’s Office (2001 – 2003)
- Trial Lawyer, Whatcom County Public Defender’s Office (1995 – 2001)
- Tulane University Law School – Juris Doctor, graduated with honors (1994)
- University of Washington – Bachelor of Arts (1991)
Admitted to Practice:
- Washington State (1994)
- Whatcom County Judicial Evaluation Committee – Member (2014 – Present)
- Washington State Association for Justice – Board of Governors (2009 – 2011)
- Washington State Association for Justice – Eagle Member (2003 – Present)
- American Association for Justice – Member (2000 – Present)
- Washington State Association for Justice – Member (1995 – Present)
- Whatcom County Bar Association – Member (1995 – Present)
Nichole has 15 years of experience as a paralegal in personal injury law for small and mid-sized law firms, ensuring her ability to efficiently and effectively manage your claim start to finish. Nichole works closely with clients to keep them updated on their cases, and to move their claims through the process as quickly as possible.
How Bellingham car accident victims answer “How are you?” could impact their claim
You didn’t think we were done listing all the tricks of the insurance adjuster’s trade with our previous three posts, did you? These posts are…
Yet another way Bellingham car accident victims can get dinged by insurance adjusters
The hits keep coming, don’t they? This is the third post on a series about how car insurance adjusters work to reduce your claim. The…
Bellingham car accident victims take heed: what you say can and will be used against you in your accident claim
Here’s another way insurance adjusters approach your Bellingham car accident claim that can make or break a fair settlement for you. Again, remember that the…