Our core values are empathy and grit.
Empathy – caring, listening and understanding
- We do our best to always listen to, care for and understand our clients.
- Our goal is to provide outstanding service.
- We limit the number of cases we take so that we can provide high quality service.
Grit – persistence and determination
- We are persistent and determined.
- We do all in our power to achieve excellent results for every one of our clients.
We also try our best to be honest, helpful, positive and humble.
Attorney Bill Coats has over 20 years of litigation experience.
- Founding Partner, Bill Coats Law (2014 - Present)
- Partner, Brett Murphy Coats Knapp McCandlis & Brown (2010 - 2014)
- Partner, Brett & Coats Personal Injury Attorneys (2006 - 2010)
- Attorney, Brett & Daugert (2003 - 2006)
- Assistant Attorney General, Washington State Attorney General's Office (2001 - 2003)
- Trial Lawyer, Whatcom County Public Defender's Office (1995 - 2001)
- Tulane University Law School - Juris Doctor, graduated with honors (1994)
- University of Washington - Bachelor of Arts (1991)
Admitted to Practice:
- Whatcom County Judicial Evaluation Committee - Member (2014 - Present)
- Washington State Association for Justice - Board of Governors (2009 - 2011)
- Washington State Association for Justice - Eagle Member (2003 - Present)
- American Association for Justice - Member (2000 - Present)
- Washington State Association for Justice - Member (1995 - Present)
- Whatcom County Bar Association - Member (1995 - Present)
Attorney Tiffany Bailey graduated from law school Magna Cum Laude in 2015.
- Widener University, Chester, PA - Bachelor of Arts in English (2012)
- New England Law, Boston MA - Juris Doctorate (2015) Magna Cum Laude graduate
Admitted to Practice:
- Admitted to the New Hampshire Bar Association (2015)
- Admitted to Washington State Bar Association (2016)
- Washington State Associate for Justice - Eagle Member (2015)
- Associate Attorney – Bill Coats Law (2016)
- Legal Assistant – Bill Coats Law (2015 - 2016)
- Legal Intern – Law Offices of Cynthia T. Runge (2013 - 2015)
Paralegal Nichole Finkbonner has over 10 years' experience.
Nichole has 15 years of experience as a paralegal in personal injury law for small and mid-sized law firms, ensuring her ability to efficiently and effectively manage your claim start to finish. Nichole works closely with clients to keep them updated on their cases, and to move their claims through the process as quickly as possible.
Paralegal Kelly Elford has over 14 years' experience.
Kelly has extensive experience in the legal field, including a law degree. Since 2004, he has worked as a paralegal primarily in the personal injury field. One of his favorite aspects of his job is helping clients through the difficult, complex process of personal injury claims.